Are you passionate about working with children? Join Canberra's largest Children's Services provider and become part of our inclusive team.
About the Role
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest Early Education and Care provider, operating numerous Early Education and Care Centres across Canberra, providing long day care services. Our Early Education and Care Centres are dedicated to providing a safe, family-friendly environment that fosters children's wellbeing and inspires a love of learning.
We currently have opportunities for Diploma Qualified Educators at a number of Centres in Canberra. These vacancies are for highly motivated, qualified Educators who have a strong familiarity with best practices and sound understanding of the National Quality Framework.
You will lead in all aspects of quality education and care and work with the Leadership Team to drive continuous quality improvement and best practice approaches.
- Maintain current Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) registration.
- Minimum of Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of service standards and quality improvement processes.
- Demonstrated ability to actively participate in teamwork and contribute towards the development of a productive team culture in a diverse work environment.
- Sound understanding of Early Education and Care National Quality Frameworks - Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) for 0-5 years, and My Time Our Place (MTOP) for school age children.
As an Educator, you will work closely with Centre Management, Educational Leader, and Team Leaders to provide assistance and direction for the delivery of high-quality education and care.
You will also work alongside the team of educators to support, inspire, motivate, encourage, and strengthen practices and pedagogy.
You will enjoy working with children, building positive relationships, and delivering fun and engaging activities in an exciting environment. You will also actively participate in teamwork and contribute towards the development of a productive team culture in a diverse work environment.
What's in it for you:
- An above Award wage, $31.60 per hour as per Communities at Work Enterprise Agreement.
- Salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay.
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- At the commencement of service access discounted childcare fees for your child(ren) including early education and care, out of school hours care, and school holiday programs.
- Grow your career with professional development, training and mentoring with the 4-time winner of Large Employer of the Year award at the ACT Training Awards.
- Enjoy options for study leave, leave concessions, paid parental leave, and more.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more).
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Receive an additional 5 days of paid personal leave per annum, which makes it a total of 15 days of paid personal leave per annum (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation.
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of early education and care services in the region. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community. Our focus is on enriching lives today and shaping better futures tomorrow.
We are the four-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards (2019 to 2022) which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
How to Apply
Click APPLY, be sure to include a cover letter, or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities at Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 31/10/2023