- Self Employed
- Children's Services
Established and developed in Canberra, Communities@Work is a local organisation that understands local needs. With nearly 40 years of experience, we provide a wide range of services across the entire Australian Capital Territory and also serve clients in the Greater Capital Region.
Communities@Work Family Day Care and In Home Care is one of the best in the nation, being the recipient of National Family Day Care Service of the year for both 2015 and 2016. Further to this service has achieved a rating of Exceeding Quality Standard under the National Quality Framework.
About the role
Family Day Care is unique in that it offers approved education and care in a small group setting in and educators home, similar to that experienced by children in their own home.
Family Day Care Educators approved with Communities@Work operate a small business from their own homes and are required to hold or obtain the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care. Educators work in partnership with families and the coordination unit to provide an educational small group environment for children, catering for young babies to pre-teens and can offer care during standard hours, before/after school, during school holidays, shift work or irregular hours.
- Supervision of Family Day Care children and maintain a duty of care to the children at all times
- Provide high quality service in accordance with the National Quality Framework and Communities@Work Family Day Care policies and procedures.
- Provide education and care to Family Day Care children in a home environment
- Work in partnership with families and the coordination unit to provide high quality care in a home setting
Skills and Experience
- Hold or working towards Certificate III in Early Childhood Education.
- Previous experience working in Child Care and Education setting.
- 'Working Vulnerable People' registration, or willingness to obtain
- Police Check (less than 6 months old)
- Hold a First Aid Qualification
- Do good, feel good with Communities@Work
- Professional development through our Registered Training Organisation
- Employer funded training opportunities
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.
Closing date for applications: 17/12/2021