- Organisational Support
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to build a resilient, sustainable, and socially inclusive community. With over 40 years' experience in the ACT and Capital Region, we provide a wide range of high-quality early education and care services and community services that supports positive educational outcomes, assists in alleviating hardship, enhances quality of life and leads to positive social change.
About the Role
The Graphic Design and Marketing Officer will have primary responsibility of utilising graphic design skills to embed the principles of Communities@Work's Brand Guidelines through the development of high-quality publications and graphics. The Graphic Design and Marketing Officer will also support marketing and communication projects and activities.
Under direction, support the delivery of communication and marketing activities for internal and external stakeholders, including:
- Graphic design for print and digital outputs using the Adobe Creative Suite (and Canva) that comply with Communities@Work's Brand Guidelines.
- Develop usable and fillable templates and forms for all areas of Communities@Work.
- Photography, including editing and publishing, and maintaining the photo library.
- Coordinating internal and external printing, including business cards, publications such as brochures, booklets and flyers, and outdoor signage including vehicle wraps.
- Supporting marketing and communication activities, including event coordination, fundraising campaigns, updating the Communities@Work website, content creation, liaising with internal and external stakeholders and assisting with surveys and market research.
- Other marketing and general administration duties as required.
- Skills and experience in videography, including production, editing and publishing is highly desirable.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience and skill using Adobe Creative Suite (primarily InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe DC) and Canva to develop creative material for print and digital outputs following brand guidelines.
- Experience and skill with photography using a DSLR.
- Relevant tertiary qualification or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training.
- Demonstrated initiative, attention to detail and proven high level organisational and time management skills including the ability to manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to challenges, and to work effectively in a small, diverse and busy team environment.
- The capacity to be well organised and manage multiple tasks across diverse programs within tight timeframes.
- Customer focused and flexible.
- Maintain current 'Working with Vulnerable People' registration.
- Experience and skill with videography using Adobe Premiere Pro or similar, including production, editing and publishing.
- Experience and skills with motion graphics and animation using Adobe After Effects or similar.
- Digital illustration capabilities.
- An understanding of the community and/or charity sector.
- Current driver's licence.
- Be a part of our social impact, working for a community organisation that makes a real difference in the lives of people in our community
- Inclusive and friendly workplace
- Salary Packaging, meal and entertainment cards
- Leave concessions and employee child care discounts
- Healthy lifestyle programs and healthy activity reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities with our training organisation (RTO), including access to study leave (if applicable)
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.?
Communities@Work?encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 29/07/2021