- Organisational Support
About the Role
Communities at Work's Marketing and Communications team helps drive the delivery of the organisation's strategic plan and create a positive social impact in the ACT and Capital Region. As a member of the team, reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager, you will work collaboratively with a small, supportive and innovative team to plan, implement and optimise Communities at Work's marketing and communications activities. This role, based at our Weston Creek office, contributes significantly to organisational success, growth, innovation, and the development and promotion of Communities at Work as a leader in the community sector.
We are looking for an energetic and motivated Marketing and Communications Officer to join our team and help create a positive social impact in the ACT and Capital Region.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading digital marketing and advertising campaigns across multiple online touchpoints using SEO & SEM best practice
- Creating and delivering content for: website; social media; email; internal and external newsletters; media releases and articles; intranet; blog and other channels as required
- Administering and maintaining the Communities at Work website, ensuring SEO best practice
- Supporting marketing and communication tactics to grow our brand, increase awareness and improve engagement with analysis and reporting on results and data for quality improvement
If you are a skilled and creative communicator or marketer with a desire to create a lasting social impact in the Canberra region, this position is for you. Ideally, you will be someone with:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Experience in implementing marketing campaigns across platforms (including digital advertising and social media).
- An understanding of SEO practices, data analysis and reporting, and content marketing.
- Skills and/or experience in event management and coordination.
As a valued member of Communities at Work, you will:
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything
- Increase your take-home pay with salary packaging
- Access discounted child care and education services for your child(ren) including early education and care, out of school hours care, and school holiday programs
- Grow your career with professional development, training and mentoring with the 3-time winner of the Large Employer of the Year at the ACT Training Awards
- Enjoy options for study leave, leave concessions, paid parental leave, and more
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more)
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of early education and care services in the region. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community. Our focus is on enriching lives today and shaping better futures tomorrow.
We are the three-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards (2019, 2020 and 2021) which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
How to Apply
Click 'APPLY 'and be sure to include a cover letter or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities at Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 04/08/2022