About the Team.
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest Early Education and Care provider, operating numerous Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) services across Canberra.These services provide before and after school care, and school holiday programs. Our services focus on children. We place each child at the centre of our practice and deliver high-quality programs to foster children's emotional well-being, social skills, communication and confidence.
About the Role.
We are currently looking for Part-time Educators to work in our Out of School Hours Care services with children Preschool - Year 6
Communities at Work have multiple centres in the ACT, located in schools across North and South Canberra. Our services operate between 7am and 9am in the mornings, and between 2pm and 6pm in the afternoons, 5 days per week.
A role in Out of School Hours Care will also provide you with the opportunity of working within our School Holiday Programs, where you are able to engage in exciting activities and work longer hours.
- Prioritise the health and safety of the children in care
- Prepare afternoon tea and support the needs of children
- Build relationships with children and families
- Be involved in play-based learning in an exciting environment
- Must hold, or have applied for a "Working With Vulnerable People" registration
- Ability to travel to a range of our centre locations
- At least 3 days a week availability for shifts
- A First Aid certificate will be highly regarded
- At least 17 years or older
- $24.83 per hour, plus superannuation
- Increase your take-home pay! Because Communities at Work has charity status, you may be able to salary package up to $15,900 and increase your take home pay
- Flexible approach to set hours to allow for outside of work committments
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation
- Grow your career with professional development, training and mentoring with the 3-time winner of Large Employer of the Year award at the ACT Training Awards.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs.
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program.
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of early education and care services in the region. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community. Our focus is on enriching lives today and shaping better futures tomorrow.
We are the three-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards (2019, 2020 and 2021) which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
How to Apply
Follow the link to apply or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities at Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.
Closing date for applications: 20/02/2023