- South Canberra
About the Team
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest Early Education and Care provider, operating numerous Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) services across Canberra. These services provide before and after school care, and school holiday programs. Our services focus on children. We place each child at the centre of our practice and deliver high-quality programs to foster children's emotional well-being, social skills, communication and confidence.
About the Role
We are currently looking for Part-time Educators to work in our Out of School Hours Care services with children Preschool - Year 6
Communities at Work have multiple centres in the ACT, located in schools across North and South Canberra. Our services operate between 7am and 9am in the mornings, and between 2pm and 6pm in the afternoons, 5 days per week.
A role in Out of School Hours Care will also provide you with the opportunity of working within our School Holiday Programs, where you are able to engage in exciting activities and work longer hours.
- Prioritise the health and safety of the children in care.
- Prepare afternoon tea and support the needs of children.
- Build relationships with children and families.
- Be involved in play-based learning in an exciting environment.
- Must hold or have applied for a "Working with Vulnerable People" registration.
- Ability to travel to a range of our centre locations.
- At least 3 days a week availability for shifts
- A First Aid certificate will be highly regarded.
- At least 18 years or older
- $24.83 per hour, plus superannuation
- Make a difference and help others as part of Canberra's largest community organisation.
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Flexible options for study leave, leave concessions, paid parental leave, and more.
- Reimbursements for lifestyle & healthy activity programs (including gym membership, remedial massages, and more).
- Guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Improve your take-home pay through salary packaging. Communities at Work has charity status, which means employees can enjoy a $15,900 tax-free cap on rent, mortgages, groceries and other expenses.
- Up to 95% discounts on enrolment gap fees in early education and care, out-of-school hours care, and school holiday programs.
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of early education and care services in the region. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community. Our focus is on enriching lives today and shaping better futures tomorrow.
We are the four-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards (2019, 2020,2021 and 2022) which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
Closing date for applications: 19/11/2023