- Support Services - Food, Clothing etc. Assistance
About the role:
The Reach Home Program is a transitional accommodation program of up to 12 families and properties. The aim of the program is to support the families to secure a long term housing suited to their circumstances and build their capacity in terms of tenancy, support them to engage with other services and become successful tenants. The Crisis Support Program is a program that supplies material aid, information and referral services to individuals in the community, linked to the community pantry. (sometimes known as emergency relief).
Under the guidance and support of the Director of Social Programs & Volunteering, manage the service delivery of the Reach Home Program (RHP) to clients who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and support the implementation of the Crisis Support Program.
You will have good physical fitness with the ability to lift and carry safely, as the position involves manual handling tasks. You will need to declare any previous injuries and any management of current injuries
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Increase your take-home pay! Because Communities at Work has charity status, you may be able to salary package up to $15,900 and increase your take home pay by thousands of dollars per year. Additionally, you may be able to package up to $2,650 in?meal entertainment.
- Access discounted child care and education services for your child(ren) including early education and care, out of school hours care, and school holiday programs.
- Grow your career with professional development, training and mentoring with the 3-time winner of Large Employer of the Year award at the ACT Training Awards.
- Flexibility when you need it with options for study leave, leave concessions, paid parental leave, and more.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more).
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program.
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of early education and care services in the region. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community. Our focus is on enriching lives today and shaping better futures tomorrow.
We are the three-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards (2019, 2020 and 2021) which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.?
Communities at Work?encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles
Closing date for applications: 06/05/2022