- 172 Dixon Drive, Holder
- Organisational Support
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to build a resilient, sustainable, and socially inclusive community. With over 40 years' experience in the ACT and Capital Region, we provide a wide range of high-quality early education and care services and community services that supports positive educational outcomes, assists in alleviating hardship, enhances quality of life and leads to positive social change.
About the Role
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the annual Budget process and ongoing forecasting processes, routinely working with program directors & managers to refine forecasting assumptions and reporting
- Report on major monthly budget variances to the CFO and Finance Director
- Assist with the implementation of a scenario-oriented cashflow application tool
Asset Management responsibilities
- Oversee and undertake annual asset stocktake(s)
- Ensure 'Approved Delegation' levels are administered and complied with - for CAPEX and OPEX expenditure
- Ensure monthly accounting processes for capital reporting, WIP, depreciation costing and non-capital (equipment) purchases comply with agreed processes and timelines
- Advise the CFO and Finance Director on AASB standards relevant to our processes and reporting of assets
- Provide general accounting support to the Finance Director for month-end reporting and other ad-hoc projects
- Support the finance team with the annual external audit process(es)
- Provide support and mentoring to new staff, as well as ongoing training and coaching for existing team members
How to Apply
Click APPLY - You may also like to contact the People, Wellness & Culture Team on 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.
Closing date for applications: 30/03/2021