- Outside School Hours Care
- Children's Services
About the Role
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest Early Education and Care provider, operating numerous Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) services across Canberra.These services provide before and after school care, and school holiday programs. Our services focus on children. We place each child at the centre of our practice and deliver high-quality programs to foster children's emotional well-being, social skills, communication and confidence.
Under the guidance of the Out of School Hours Care Leadership Team, ensure the provision of a quality service that is responsive to the needs of children and families using the service.
Design, manage and lead an established program within Communities at Work's OSHC program
Responsible for delivery of service in line with the National Quality Framework and My Time, Our Place learning outcomes.
- Passionate about children
- Natural Leadership skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Hold a Working with Vulnerable People Check of be able to obtain one
- 3 years experience in an OSHC Leadership role or equivalent
- Make a difference and change lives in the Canberra community as part of Canberra's largest community organisation
- Join an inclusive and friendly workplace, where people are at the heart of everything.
- Increase your take-home pay! Because Communities at Work has charity status, you may be able to salary package up to $15,900 and increase your take home pay by thousands of dollars per year. Additionally, you can package up to $2,650 in?meal entertainment.
- Access discounted child care and education services for your child(ren) including early education and care, out of school hours care, and school holiday programs.
- Grow your career with professional development, training and mentoring with the 3-time winner of Large Employer of the Year award at the ACT Training Awards.
- Flexibility when you need it with options for study leave, leave concessions, paid parental leave, and more.
- Enjoy healthy living with our active lifestyle & healthy activity programs and reimbursements (including remedial massages, annual flu vaccination and more).
- Receive guidance and support for mental health through our Employee Assistance Program.
About Communities at Work
Communities at Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation and the largest provider of early education and care services in the region. Our surplus-for-purpose philosophy enables us to invest every dollar we earn right back into the local community. Our focus is on enriching lives today and shaping better futures tomorrow.
We are the three-time winner of the "Large Employer of the Year" award at the ACT Training Awards (2019, 2020 and 2021) which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in training, professional development, and career progression of our people.
With over 40 years of experience in the ACT and Capital Region, our people help us deliver a wide range of high-quality education and community services that support positive educational outcomes, assist in alleviating hardship, enhance the quality of life and lead to positive social change in the Canberra community.
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact the People, Culture and Wellness team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.?
Communities at Work?encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Closing date for applications: 07/04/2022