Trainees gain valuable paid experience, working across our children’s services while they complete their qualification, with practical support provided every step of the way.
The Ascend Program is open to anyone who is passionate about working in the early education and care sector and who is energised by being part of an elite team – whether you are commencing a new career, progressing your career or even interested in making a career change.
A career in early childhood education and care is stimulating, satisfying and rewarding. Make a difference in a child’s early years, and you can make a difference for life.
Why the Ascend Program?
Communities@Work’s Ascend Program will provide you with the support, opportunities and challenges you need to launch your career for life. You will be provided with face to face training, online learning, mentoring, and practical experience working with children in a range of Communities@Work’s leading early childhood centres across the ACT.
Early childhood education and care is a growth employment sector, and for those who are driven to take the next step there are many opportunities to progress to team leader positions, early childhood teacher roles and leadership and management roles.
Earning while you are learning
Trainees will gain valuable paid experience, working across our children’s services while they complete their qualification.
Upon successful completion of the three-stage selection process, successful applicants are required to pay a sign-up fee of $400. This can either be paid up front, or paid over a number of weeks via payroll deduction. A fee concession is available to eligible trainees if they hold a valid:
- Australian Government Health Care Card
- Australian Government Low Income Health Care Card
- Australian Government Pensioner Concession Card
- Veteran’s Gold Card.
Upon completion of the qualification, applicants may be eligible for a $300 government completion bonus.
Payment of incentives and personal benefits is subject to Australian Apprentices satisfying eligibility criteria as set out in the ACT Standard Compliance Guide for Australian Apprenticeships Training. The amount quoted is to be used as a guide only.
How will it work?
Students will participate in a 12 month program as part of a group of future educators who will benefit from a bespoke training experience. Group sessions covering theoretical knowledge and concepts will take place in Communities@Work’s training rooms. Invaluable practical knowledge will be gained as part of the learning modules in our leading early childhood centres. Your time in our early education and care centres will be fully supervised, allowing you to learn from experienced educators, teachers and mentors.
Communities@Work’s Ascend Program is more than just a 12 month program. It is the first important step in a rewarding and challenging career in early childhood education and care.
Who Can Apply?
We are looking for candidates who are:
- passionate about being part of an elite team
- driven by positive, creative energy
- enthusiastic about pursuing or advancing a career in early childhood education and care
- seeking the opportunity to be part of an organisation committed to excellence in service delivery.
The program would suit an applicant who is also:
- friendly and sociable
- a good team member
- a good communicator, and likes working with people
- conscientious and cooperative
- enthusiastic about learning.
If that describes you, we encourage you to apply.
To be eligible, you must be:
- at least 18 years of age;
- an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident OR a New Zealand Citizen who has lived in Australia for more than 6 months, OR a visa holder with work rights on a pathway to permanent residency and not excluded from participation in government funded training;
- able to pass a language, literacy and numeracy assessment;
- not already holding other relevant qualifications in early childhood or education;
- registered for ‘Working With Vulnerable People’, or able to register;
- interested in working with children and families; and
- committed to completing the 12 month program.
Consistent with Communities@Work’s Reconciliation Action Plan, we encourage candidates who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
How to Apply?
Communities@Work’s Ascend Program expressions of interest are now open. For classes starting September 2019 complete your application here.
Download Communities@Work’s Ascend Program booklet.
Communities@Work is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 88148) trading as Centre of Professional Learning and Education.